Monday 26 March 2012

LOTD - Saturday 24.03.12 The warm weather makes an appearance.

Hey gorgeous glitterati :)

Booooo for it being Monday but I've got an exciting weekend ahead, one of my besties is coming to stay with me from Friday to Sunday and we're going shopping while she's here. I imagine I'll have a makeup haul post for you at some point early next week. I'm just so excited, it's been a year since I last saw her, although we're in contact almost every day - Needless to say we need to make up for lost time and go on a spree!!

Anyhow, enough crazy rambling from me and onto the post at hand :)

 
Saturday just gone was a glorious day, it was lovely and warm and the sun was shining, so I decided to break out the corals and brights and go for a full on spring look.


I love this look, I know it's not for everyone as it's pretty full on and a bit out there.

My lips had nothing but MAC Viva Glam Nicki on them, gorgeous crazy yellow toned pinky / coral - Certainly not for the faint hearted. My cheeks had MAC cream colour base in Virgin isle lightly pressed on just with my fingers, the best makeup tool there is in my humble opinion.
My eyes were simple but effective, I used Urban Decay 24/7 shadow pencil in Clash all over the lid and blended it out with my finger, I lined my waterline with Maybelline master drama pencil in blackest black and I lined my upper lash line with Collection 2000 Glam crystals dazzling gel liner in Hustle.

It's these Collection 2000 liners I want to have a mini rave about ........... THEY'RE AWESOME :) I love glitter liners anyway, Urban Decay do something similar but honestly they're nowhere near as good as the Collection 2000 ones, and at £2.99 a piece, you can't go too far wrong.

I grabbed one of these in town recently to try out and they wowed me, they're so pigmented and sparkly, just that perfect pop of bling without having to use loose glitter and glitter glue and causing a great big mess ...... Tell me it's not just me that does that!!


I'm 100% going to be buying more of these babies at the weekend, I'm in love and finally with something that doesn't cost more than my weekly grocery shop.

Collection 2000 are well worth checking out if you're in the UK, they're lasting perfection concealer is also a staple for my makeup bag - Maybe I'll have to grab a few bits and pieces and do a mini Collection 2000 review for you, we'll see what the weekend's spending brings.

I'll be back soon with my blush collection swatches and a few other bits and pieces to tantalise your makeup taste buds!!

Take care and love to all xox

2 comments:

  1. Great Look ,you look gorgeous with this Colours!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's so sweet :) It was one of those lipsticks I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off or not but it seems to work ok as long as you tie the rest of your face in with it.

      xox

      Delete