Tonight I thought I'd share with you my MAC lipstick collection including swatches of them all. I personally always enjoy looking at other people's collections and swatches, it helps me decide what I'm next going to lust after.
Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see in particular, I'm happy to do any swatches you like. But for now, on to the lippies .....
Let's start with my regular line collection :
The swatches are in order as per the picture of the lipsticks in the tube (Left to right). They are as follows :
- Girl About Town (Amplified Creme) - My all time favourite ever lipstick, THE perfect hot fuchsia shade. Amplified Creme finishes are creamy and opaque and on me they wear all day long.
- Dare You (Cremesheen) - A beautiful warm shimmery red. The cremesheen finish is also very creamy and opaque.
- Rebel (Satin) - A gorgeous deep berry plum, in the tube it looks almost purple but it leans cooler than that. Satin finish is also very opaque.
- Show Orchid (Amplified Creme) - This colour is so vibrant and intense, I truly adore it. I would describe the shade as a cool fuchsia with purple undertones. This shade is available all year round at MAC pro stores.
- Impassioned (Amplified Creme) - Neon at it's best. An orange toned bright pink.
- Milan Mode (Lustre) - A sheer shimmering grape / pink shade. Lustre finishes are sheer but very glossy.
- Russian Red (Matte) - A beautiful deep blue based red - I find Matte finishes can be very drying on the lips, but this one in particular doesn't seem to be too bad. I still always moisturise my lips before applying, there's nothing worse than dry flaky lips.
- Viva Glam V (Lustre) - A gorgeous neutral pink with gold shimmer. This is one of my perfect "my lips but better" shades.
Onto my limited edition shades :
- Purple Rite (Frost) Style Warriors Collection - This one is a sheer purple with a very frosty finish. The frost finishes for me are still very creamy and apply well, but they can lean TOO frosty so apply with care.
- Hollywood Nights (Satin) Heatherette Collection - Beautiful creamy fuchsia pink that's super intense and opaque on the lips.
- Violetta (Amplified Creme) Venomous Villains Collection - Gorgeous violet purple with hot pink undertones, again looks a lot darker in the tube than it actually is.
- Kanga-Rouge (Amplified Creme) Dame Edna Collection - Uber bright blue toned red, not for the faint hearted, but I absolutely adore this shade.
- Whirls & Twirls (Glaze) Glitter & Ice Collection - Beautiful pale gold sheen, looks absolutely amazing both in it's own right and over the top of any other lipstick. Glaze finishes tend to lean very glossy and sparkly, but also very sheer.
- What Joy! (Satin) Glitter & Ice Collection - Deep berry red with a gorgeous shine to it.
- Fun n' Sexy (Glaze) Fafi Collection - Beautiful sheer but shimmery hot pink with pink micro glitter. Truly gorgeous, I use this so rarely as I never ever want it to run out.
- Hibiscus (Cremesheen) Surf Baby Collection - Amazing coral with golden shimmer, another shade that I absolutely adore.
Well that's it, all my MAC lipsticks laid out for you to see. I try to buy one with every collection I love and I try to save up my empties to use the "Back 2 MAC" facility to get any I want from the regular line.
Are you tempted by any of these? Are there any "must have" shades missing from my collection? Comment below and let me know your thoughts, I'm always keen to talk makeup :)
I'll be back soon with something new. Much love xxx
EDIT - I managed to completely forget about 2 lipsticks, disgraceful right :) so I'm just going to add them them below :
- Thrills (Frost) To The Beach Collection - This is a gorgeous, shimmery gold toned copper. It's usually something I really REALLY wouldn't go for, but I bought it on a whim as I loved the packaging (shallow or what?!) and it's now one of my most used and adored lipsticks.
- Bust Out (Lustre) Surf Baby Collection - Gorgeous super glossy deep plum / purple. It applies much sheerer than it looks in the tube.
That's officially it this time, I'm certain I haven't managed to forget any others :) xxx