Saturday 14 January 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in "Frenzy" and Revlon Double Twist Mascara. A little review xxx

Revlon Double Twist Mascara and Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

Hey all you gorgeous people.

This is my first little product review, so go easy on me please. I popped into town today with my bestie (We booked a girls holiday for September WOOHOO) and ended up in Superdrug and boots.
I only picked up a couple of things but I thought I may as well share them on here and give a mini review while I was at it. So here goes ..........

I picked up the Revlon Double Twist Mascara in Blackest Black and the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Frenzy because they are currently both reduced to £5 in Superdrug  (Mascara is normally £8.99 and Lipstain is usually £7.99).

Here's a swatch of the Lipstain on the back of my hand :




The product has the stain in felt tip format at one end of the product, and the other end has a lip balm which is meant to add shine to the lips and avoid the "typical" lipstain feeling of dryness on the lips.
I would describe the shade Frenzy as orange toned red, the colour of the actual tube is quite deceiving as it's very pink. On my lips it's actually much more subtle than it looks on the back of my hand :


Excuse the picture, I look ridiculously tired, I re-took the picture 20 times and just gave up in the end :)


As for the product, I love the idea of a stain, I want to be able to apply my lip product first thing in the morning and for it still to be there come lunch time (who doesn't want that).
This Lipstain certainly delivers the staying power for me, it really does last and last, the picture above is actually around 6 hours after I first applied it, I just added more of the balm so you could see the overall effect.

The colour doesn't actually pack enough punch for me though, I want something more intense, but that's just my personal opinion. You can see the difference from the swatch on my hand to how it actually looks on my lips, though I gather you can layer this stain to get more intense pigment on lips.

The only thing I don't like is the application, the felt tip style applicator really drags on your lips and feels very hard and rough. Although I suppose you only have to put the stain on once so maybe it's worth putting up with the applicator if you love the product.
Overall I do like the product, the staying power is incredible and you can layer the stain to create a more intense pigment on your lips - The balm feels very slick and moisturising, not at all sticky which is an added bonus.
If you can put up with the hard applicator then this one is indeed a winner.



As for the Mascara, I ran a Google search before writing this post and the reviews out there at the minute on this product are truly truly awful, I'm going to shout from the rooftops 
"I DISAGREE WITH YOU ALL."


Here's a piccie of me with the mascara on around 6 hours after I first applied it :




Apologies for the poor picture quality, but I'm sure you can clearly see how long and full my lashes look. Revlon claims that this mascara gives you volume and definition, and I have to agree. I should have included a picture of my lashes before the mascara, but I can assure you they looked nothing like this!
You can see a little smudging under my eyes, but this is the remnants of the eyeliner I removed to take this picture, 100% not from the mascara.

The negative reviews I've seen claim that this mascara flakes like crazy after a few hours, all I can say is ........ Not on me, I really really love this mascara so far. The wand is unusual in that it's "twirly" it looks like 2 straight wands twisted into one and other. For me the mascara applies like a dream, no clumping and no mess as the tube is one of those that removes all the excess mascara before it releases the wand.

I'm going to keep trying this mascara out for a while and see how the staying power is after a full day at work or just a full day on the go. But for now I'm going to give it a massive thumbs up and hope that it continues to perform as it could be my Holy Grail mascara which would be awesome for £7.99 usual full price.


Anyway, that's it, I hope I haven't rambled for too long. Please let me know if you have any questions or requests and I'll be back soon with something new.



Take care and love to all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment