Tuesday 17 April 2012

MAC In Extra Dimension haul swatches.

Well hello again gorgeous glitterati.

I hope you're all well :) I'm in a surprisingly perky mood given how grey and rainy it is here today.

I just wanted to share with you the few bits and pieces I picked up from the MAC In Extra Dimension collection.

This was a collection of 3 Extra Dimension Highlighters and 10 Extra Dimension Eyeshadows. The thing that made this collection extra special and unique was the formula of the products, MAC considers it to be a new liquid - powder hybrid that can provide sheer or heavy coverage depending on how you use them.

I found these products to be extremely opaque in just one swipe, they can be smudged out really easily for a more sheer look or even applied wet for a super intense dramatic look.



Left to right in the pans and then top to bottom for the swatches we have :

  • Superb Highlighter - THE most gorgeous pinky champagne highlighter. Seriously where has this been all my life?! Gives the most gorgeous glow to your skin. The other 2 highlighters were more white gold (whisper of guilt) and bronze (glorify).
  • Warm Thunder Eyeshadow - Gunmetal silver, I'm so drawn to these shades in any collection, but this one is extra gorgeous as it's less pure silver and more darkened almost greyed silver.
  • Grand Galaxy Eyeshadow - Beautiful deep plummy purple, really stunning on - Has almost a pinky tone to it when applied wet.
  • Rich Core Eyeshadow - A rich dark burgundy. I bought this one on a whim and I'm so glad I did, this looks fantastic once applied, perfect for a slightly different smokey look.
The formula on these is just absolutely incredible, like nothing else I've ever used before. The swatches above are one swipe of the product dry, the payoff is so much more intense when used with a wet brush or if the eyeshadow is applied over the top of say a paint pot.

They feel liquid yet solid to the touch and in my opinion are something you have to experience to understand the beauty. These are well worth the money as a little goes a long long way.

I've been using these every day since I got them and I've experienced no issues at all with creasing or smudging and I've mainly been applying the eyeshadows dry over a standard eye primer and the highlighter just directly onto my cheek / brow bones with a stippling brush.

Have you picked up anything from this collection or is there anything you now want to get your hands on? Let me know in the comments :) I'm dying to get the other 7 eyeshadows, but with MAC releasing new collections all the time, I'll have to hold off and save my pennies. Fingers crossed MAC see sense and make these a part of the permanent lineup.

Take care and love to all xox

No comments:

Post a Comment