Thursday 5 April 2012

LOTD Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain - 13 Rose Tempera

Hey gorgeous glitterati :)

It's me again with another Lip of the day - Sorry I promise I'll do something more interesting this weekend, but honestly I thought you just HAD to see this product.

I've fallen head over heels in love with the Yves Saint Laurent rouge pur couture glossy stains, the formula is like nothing else you'll ever have felt before, so unique and so amazingly beautiful.

I've only picked up one of these and the shade I have is number 13 which is Rose Tempera. I'll add the swatches then explain all you need to know about this revolutionary product:


Well I just adore it, I love how glossy it looks on my lips. The texture is crazy, it feels like a gel almost, but it's not at all uncomfortable or strange. I expected it to feel somewhat like Benefit benetint, but it's not watery at all, it feels like a wet gel on initial application, it's just so interesting and unique.

I put a thin layer on with the sponge applicator and spread it all over my lips with a brush or just my finger, then I add another thin layer and press my lips together before following with a final also thin layer to really gloss it up - This will stay put like you wouldn't believe, you think the gloss is all gone when you can't feel it anymore, then you check the mirror and lo and behold it's still there looking as gorgeous as it did when you first applied it.

You'll notice the swatch on my hand is much lighter than on my lips, as you add more layers of this stain, it definitely gets slightly darker with each additional application - So keep it light or vamp it up, it's your choice entirely.

The price tag on these is pretty crazy at £22.50 a pop and I'd happily own them all (there are 20 gorgeous shades), but for that price it just won't be feasible for me :(

Would this be something you'd consider splurging on or is the price just too much for you? I only have one and I imagine it'll stay this way for a long long time, but I'll be saving it mainly for special occasions as it just looks so dam flipping gorgeous.

Take care and love to all xox

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) It is gorgeous isn't it. I had such a hard time trying to choose between the 20 shades.
      Is there anything else you'd like to see me swatch or review?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow I wasn't that bothered about these when I first saw them but now I think I'll have a little swatching session at debenhams :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, you'll walk away with one if you swatch them :) Definately don't let them try one on you, you'll be 100% sold then!!
      Let me know what you get xx

      Delete
    2. Lol hopefully! I will do :) xx

      Delete
  3. That shade is gorgeous, I have #14 and completely love it. By the way, thanks for sharing your link for my MUA board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm... your cheek bones are INSANE!! WOW! i hope you wear highlighter and blush and bronzer every day to play those up!!! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much :) that's such a sweet thing to say.
      I do wear those pretty much every day, as long as my oily skin is behaving itself!!
      I'm still watching your videos, I'm hooked Betty :) x

      Delete