I've been wanting to do Summery posts and favourites for a while now, but honestly if you see the weather here, you'd understand why I'm not quite feeling in the Summery mood, it's pap here at the minute, tell me when is the Summer going to hit the UK?!!
Anyhooooooo, I figured I'd do a little bit of a random post for you today, it's not all entirely beauty related and it may well be a bit rambly, but hey that's me in real life (as oppose to Internet me who is actually usually super coherent and understandable). Just a few bits and pieces I fancied sharing with you lovely lot really, so here goes :
1. Converse design your own shoes ......... Yes really. My lovely OH wanted a pair of converse for his birthday, but couldn't find any in particular that he loved, so we went on the UK converse website and discovered you can literally design your own pair, down to every last detail including the stitching colour and even a little personalisation on the side. Click here to check them out, there are colours and patterns galore, the choices are endless for what you could come up with, but here's ours, let me know what you think:
2. My new dress. You know how it goes ...... you're walking around the shops with no intention of actually buying anything, you try something on "for fun" and that's it, you're sold :) Well that's how it works in my world. I saw this dress in Republic and I fell in love, it's the perfect Summer dress for me all floaty and feather printed, the material is so silky and soft and the neckline is all embellished and beautiful. I'll show you my picture, but click here if you want to check it out on the Republic website, I'm afraid they only delivery with the UK and the EU. Look how pretty:
3. MUFE (Makeup Forever) Aqua creams. Why have I not discovered these little multi purpose babies before I ask you?! They're amazing!! Check out the shade selection here. These are advertised as "waterproof cream color" and that's exactly what they are, I use them as shadow base, cream shadow, eyeliner and if the shade is appropriate, even as lip and cheek colour. I plan on doing a separate review on these little babies, but for now here are my one swipe swatches, look how crazy pigmented they are in just one single swipe:
4. My MAC eyeshadow palette. I had truly forgotten in my crazy "must have more lipstick" haze, just how much I adore MAC single eyeshadows. I only have the one 15 pan palette, but I've removed the dividers so I can fit more eyeshadows into one palette - I'll obviously pop the dividers back in if I plan on taking it travelling with me.
I just love the freedom these palettes offer, I know buying all the individual shadows costs a heck of a lot more than say a Too Faced palette, but this way you get to choose the individual shadows and can ensure there'll be none lying all unloved in your collection.
As you can see, I'm a blue and green girl through and through. Again I plan on doing a separate post on my MAC shadows so I can give you names and swatches of all in my palette, but honestly I've been using this palette every single day for THE longest time and the look possibilities are just endless.
5. I couldn't do a post about things I love without including my fur babies Ruby and Millie, They're 9 weeks old now and getting cuter and more mischievous by the day. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:
Might I add how flipping impossible they made typing this post up :) they love to crawl all over my keyboard while I'm typing, honestly if they weren't so cute they'd be a pain in the butt.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post, just something a little bit different that I thought might be a nice change from the usual solidly makeup orientated posts. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and let me know what you've been loving this month :)
As always, take care and mega love to all xox