I've been wanting to do a post on bronzers for a while now, but I've been waiting for the weather to perk up so I could really test them out .................. Then I remembered I live in the UK and the weather was never going to pick up.
So I've been playing about with every bronzer I have for a while now and believe me I have a few!! I'm a bit addicted to bronzer. But I've come up with my top 5 and I thought I'd share them with you.
I'm not going to do them in any particular order as I love them all, but I will tell you which one is my favourite overall at the end of this post.
Anyway as usual, on to the good stuff that is the pictures and swatches:
And we have left to right the following :
- MAC pro longwear bronzer in Sun dipped - This is just beautiful, it's from the new MAC hey sailor collection and it's a whole new formula from their normal bronzer. This is so smooth and finely milled, pigmented in one swatch and has absolutely no glitter to my eye which is perfect for contouring those cheeks and all over the face without looking too garish. It's a beautiful tone too, very nude with a golden undertone.
- MAC bronzer in refined golden - This is part of MAC's permanent collection, mine just happens to be in special edition packaging. There is definite glitter in this bronzer so it can't be worn all over the face and it has a much more orange tone to it compared to the pro longwear bronzer. But this looks gorgeous on your cheeks and all over you chest when you've got a tan. It isn't as smooth as the pro longwear, but it's not gritty at all despite the glitter.
- Soap and Glory Solar powder bronzer - This is the lightest of all my bronzers but it makes it absolutely full proof for all over your face. There are 2 sides to this product and my swatch is of the 2 shades mixed, but obviously you can mix and match to get your perfect shade. There is the faintest shimmer to this bronzer, but it's not too much so I'm happy to wear this any way I like without looking like a disco ball. Again this is a very smooth product and super pigmented in just one swipe with a gorgeous golden glow.
- Nars Laguna bronzer - This is a great tone of bronzer, very warm but not at all orange. There is very definite golden shimmer is this bronzer so I definitely wouldn't wear it all over my face, but again it's gorgeous with a tan on your chest and cheeks. This is super pigmented so you have to use a light hand, but it is worth it as the outcome is just beautiful.
- Too faced chocolate soleil in original chocolate - I adore this bronzer, it's the perfect tone for me, not at all orange and it's totally matte which makes it ideal for contouring and all over your face if you so desire. The added bonus with this bronzer is that it actually smells like milk chocolate. Again this is super smooth and super pigmented in one swipe and is a gorgeous deep tan without being too dark and in your face.
If I was absolutely forced to pick my favourite, at the minute it would have to be the Soap and Glory solar powder bronzer, but the too faced chocolate soleil and MAC pro longwear bronzers are both super duper close seconds, there's virtually nothing in it. I just enjoy that the Soap and Glory powder has two shades to mix and match and the slight hint of shimmer just makes my skin glow with looking over the top.
At the minute I've got both the Soap and Glory and the Too faced bronzers in my makeup bag, I use the Too Faced to contour with or all over my face, then I'll use the Soap and Glory for the same if I want a little glow or as a very subtle cheekbone highlight. Soap and Glory is currently 3 for 2 in Boots which is brilliant, I got the solar bronzer, kick ass concealer and thick & fast mascara and thus far I'm loving them all, the Soap and Glory makeup range is well worth checking out.
What's your favourite Summer bronzer, any I should check out? Let me know in the comments below pretty please :)
Thanks for reading people, I really appreciate it. Take care and much love to all xox