Tuesday 17 July 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain swatches and review + Where have I been!!!

Hey hey there my much missed gorgeous glitterati.

I've been so naughty neglecting you haven't I!! I'm so sorry, but I've had so much on, I had all of last week off work because it was my 30th birthday on Sunday :)
Not to mention the fact it was my boyfriend's birthday last week too - We've been busy little bees.

I got lots of pretties for my birthday, mainly money and clothes if I'm honest so I'm not going to do a separate blog post about my birthday goodies. You've already seen the Sigma Paris palette my OH bought me anyway, he also bought me 2 dresses, some Liz Earle makeup (which I may swatch and review separately) and a Pandora bracelet. I did however receive THE most gorgeous Paul's Boutique handbag and a MAC lipstick shaped birthday cake from 2 of my very bestest friends who clearly know me VERY well, so I of course have to share those with you - What do you think?







I'm exhausted from all the birthday fun and shenanigans, so onto the blog post at hand :) My new favourite lip product, the fabulous Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains (bit of a mouthful isn't it!!).

I have 7 of these little babies and they are below, left to right: Rendezvous, Honey, Darling, Lovesick, Sweetheart, Crush and Romantic.






These will retail for £7.99 each but are currently on offer in both Superdrug and Boots for £5.99 a piece. I believe Sweetheart isn't available in the UK, there are a total of 12 shades available, but only 7 of these have made it to the UK market, how sucky and unfair, we UK inhabitants like multi coloured lips too you know Revlon!! :)

The formula .......... Ahhhhhhh the formula, I love it so very much, I feel like I can't put it into words how much I love this product, it's like it needs it's own song or something equally over the top. They are smooth and moisturising, glossy not sticky and they impart much more colour than you think they would. They definitely aren't sheer at all, so if you're in the market for a lighter sheer wash of colour, I'd stay clear of these babies.

These do indeed stain your lips (as the name indicates), which is a bonus for me as I feel like they leave just enough colour and shine for me not to have to reapply as often as I usually would, I'd suggest I get about 4-5 hours good wear, before I feel like I need to gloss it up a bit more, but there is definitely still colour apparent on me even at this point.


The tube is a twist up which means so sharpening wastage which is great and the actual product is lightly scented of mint, so if you're sensitive to smells, you might not like these. Overall I genuinely don't have anything bad to say about this product, it's love for me and I've been wearing one of these every day solidly for about 2 weeks now, my MAC lipsticks have been kicked to the curb for the time being anyway :)


Also I just wanted to let you know, I won a fellow bloggers Summer giveaway a while back, my package arrived from the lovely Betty Girl Makeup a couple of weeks ago and I've been testing bits and pieces out to hopefully do some separate reviews for you lovely people. In the meantime, here's a picture of the loot minus 3 awesome wet n wild powders which didn't survive the journey (I'm wanting to repress them though, does anyone know where on earth I can get rubbing alcohol in the UK please? I've looked everywhere).



Amazing haul right :) Mega thanks go out to Betty Girl Makeup for a fabby giveaway which I was thrilled to bits to win, I'm thoroughly enjoying playing with the new bits and pieces so far.

Anyhoooooooooooo I'm getting rambly and this post is getting pretty long so I best be off. Rest assured, I have no more big birthdays or anything else to distract me for too long so I'm back to my usual blogging self. As always let me know in the comments below if there's anything you'd like me to do or review for you and I'll see what I can do :)

Take care and much MUCH love to all xox

No comments:

Post a Comment